Dental Silicone Brochure
Silicone for dental technology
Silicones have to fulfill a wide range of tasks in dental technology. Examples include the fabrication and repair of dentures. For this work, specialists usually use a special kneading silicone. Impressions are also required in the dental laboratory, e.g. to create exact duplicate molds of models or castings. For this purpose, a high-quality duplicating silicone is the right choice. At dentona, you will find top-quality solutions for all common tasks for which the material is needed. We produce the silicones ourselves so that they meet the highest standards.
The difference between condensation-curing and addition-curing silicones
Before we present our range in detail, we would like to briefly explain two technical terms that are important for your selection: condensation-curing (K-) and addition-curing (A-) silicones. Both variants are commonly offered as impression silicones in the dental trade. K-silicones lose substance due to the inevitable evaporation of alcohol. In particular, impressions that have been made cannot therefore be stored permanently without problems. stored for a long time without any problems. This problem does not exist with A-silicones. However, they are genuinely hydrophobic. This means that they are naturally water-repellent, This poses a major problem for moist mouths. Our developers have solved this problem: we strengthen the A-silicones with surface-active additives that form a water-friendly shield. Our corresponding solutions can therefore be stored for long periods of time and permit high-precision work.
Impression silicone from dentona
The range of dental silicone includes impression silicone, duplicating silicone and kneading silicone. The knowledge of how to ensure the high quality of dental silicones at a constant level has been gained by dentona from decades of producing the special plasters. dentona® offers a high-quality range of duplicating silicones and kneading silicones. The high application safety of the special products goes back to years of experience with dental silicones. Examples of the advantages of the individual offers
- coppie-sil 18: reduced final hardness ensures high safety for fragile models, bubble-free imaging of duplicates, waste material completely recyclable.
- brasil 22: optimal mixing behavior, very good readability and high detail fidelity.
- brasil 22 quick: demoldability after only ten minutes.
- acero-sil 30 quick: ideal for cuffs, high stability of the silicone mold, demoldability after just ten minutes.
- 1:1 softgum: high hardness, fast curing time (can be optimally trimmed after just eight minutes).
- 1:1 gum: increased yield due to reduced specific gravity, very hard, excellent trimability already after eight minutes.
- gum 85: excellent for stable prewheels due to its high hardness, short curing time enables fast further work, extremely easy to knead.
Benefit from expert knowledge gained from decades of experience with silicones
It is in the nature of things that Plasters and silicones in the dental The main reason for this is that silicones often have to perform tasks together in the dental sector. Since we started our own production of special plasters decades ago, we were able to learn early on what good we were able to learn early on what characterizes good silicone molding compounds. This applies to their user-friendliness, application safety, and suitability for suitability for everyday use. Benefit from this expert knowledge gained from many years of experience and decide in favor of dentona silicones.